Name: Steven Hopp
Farm: Harvest Table Farm
Address: 28413 Smyth Chapel Road
Listed with a real estate agent? No
About the farm: Three-acre farm with approximately 1 acre of improved annual beds, multiple perennials, facilities and equipment for small-scale sustainable production. This property has been under continuous operation for ten years as a support farm for a local-foods based restaurant, and for farmers’ market and direct sales. The operation has used organic and agro-ecological methods, but is not certified. Currently offering entire farm and elements of infrastructure for monthly lease. Lease terms negotiable, and would prefer portion of lease arrangement in exchange for livestock and land management of other farming properties. This is a near-turnkey opportunity for someone with extensive capabilities and knowledge in human-scale polydiverse farming who is ready for directing their own operation. The perfect individual or couple would have a background in sustainable agriculture with experience in livestock management.
Currently in operation? Yes
Type of farming: Regerative and Agroecological Methods, with diverse production
Acres: 3.5 acres total, mixture of improved annual beds, perennial plants, wetland and pollinator gardens, other lands.
Farm structures available? Yes
• Three operational hoop-houses (high tunnels)
• Small heated greenhouse for starting seedlings
• Both fixed and mobile chicken housing
• Cleaning and prep areas for storage and produce preparation
• Small storage building for tools, small equipment
• Modest-sized barn for storage
• Small tractor available for use
• Tiller, multiple hand tools
• Lots of farming and gardening equipment and supplies such as materials for shade-cloth houses, row cover, irrigation apparatus and availability of gravity-irrigation.
Farmhouse available? Yes
• Four-bedroom house mostly furnished, including kitchen appliances
• Wood stove for heating, two heat pumps for heating and cooling
• County water line for both the house and farming irrigation, but also some gravity irrigation from creek, and a spring.
• Double car port and two-car garage.
Work-In Agreement, Partnership, Short-Term (1-5 Year) Lease, Long-Term (5+ Year) Lease