Name: Lorien Carsey
Phone: (217) 372-6919
Job location: Urbana, Illinois
Business name: Blue Moon Farm
Job/volunteer description: Blue Moon is a 20-acre Certified Organic vegetable farm here in Urbana, Illinois. We’ve been farming in the community for more than 25 years, bringing produce year-round to the Urbana farmer’s market, our CSA, the Common Ground Food Coop and local restaurants. We need folks to finish out the season helping with the harvest and also folks to staff our Saturday market stand.
Farm Hand Duties:
- Multiple types of harvest using harvest tools
- Weeding with hands and tools
- Wash/Pack jobs inside the packing shed and operating our brushwasher
- Planting our weekly lettuce
- Applicants need to be able to lift 50#’s, work outside in all kinds of weather, and most importantly applicants must value communication. We do all our own training.
- Spanish language skills are a big plus.
Market Worker Duties:
- Simple mental math handling cash
- Stocking veggies, keeping the stand beautiful
- Talking to our customers about food and our farm
***All our workers take home lots of our produce so it’s a benefit if you love to eat well.***
Both full and part-time positions available. Start date now. End date flexible into December.
To apply, visit our website www.bluemoonfarmurbana.com and download an application. You can send your completed application to email@example.com