Name: Lorien Carsey
Job location: Urbana, Illinois
Business name: Blue Moon Farm
Blue Moon Farm, a 20-acre certified organic vegetable farm, is hiring a Packing Shed Manager (PSM).
The PSM organizes the post-harvest handling, storage, and delivery of our produce. The safe and efficient expediting of the produce plays a fundamental role in moving food from our soil onto the plates of our customers and community.
In addition to our long-standing supply of produce to farmer’s markets and the Common Ground Food Coop, Blue Moon Farm has expanded its CSA production as well as its wholesale production and looks to keep this trend going. The PSM is a key player in this development.
The PSM is responsible for:
• Keeping the produce and consumer safe by enforcing our food safety guidelines
• Scheduling tasks and rescheduling based on present moment circumstances
• Keeping the workflow humming by assigning tasks and setups
• Maintaining good record keeping so we know how we’re doing
• Organizing the post-harvest facilities to promote FIFO and cleanliness
• Coordinating donations so we don’t compost good food
Benefits include free, abundant food, great conversations, and an opportunity to learn about organic vegetable farming.
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you.
Salary: Varies based on experience