Name: John Williams
Phone: (262) 370-5405
Job location: Urbana, Illinois
Business name: Sola Gratia Farm
Job/volunteer description: NOW HIRING: Part-time Delivery Driver
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Start date: Late May, early June
Season: May-November, with fewer hours at beginning and end of season. Limited hours may be available December through April.
Hourly wage: The starting wage is $15 per hour, with 10-15 hours a week available. Along with financial compensation, crew has access to fresh produce throughout the season.
We seek a part-time delivery driver for our not-for-profit community vegetable farm. Delivery routes will be on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons to wholesale, retail and CSA customers. A successful candidate will have the ability to hustle when reasonable, but follow the rules of the road and have respect for driving through neighborhoods.
● Ensure accurate and prompt delivery of produce to customers around Champaign/Urbana and regional distributors;
● Work with Wash/Pack Lead to insure complete loadout of deliveries;
● Safely follow delivery routes;
● Assist in Wash/Pack if needed to ensure timely delivery;
● Inform Farm Manager of any issues with deliveries or equipment when they arise;
● Report to Farm Manager any comments from wholesale customers during delivery to maintain good relationships with customers.
● Valid driver’s license;
● Clean driving record;
● Safely operate motor vehicles including larger vehicles with limited line of site;
● Open schedule on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons (12pm-5pm);
● Promptly and accurately complete tasks;
● Work in varied environments, including rain, snow, heat, cold and wind;
● Regularly lift 20-30 lbs and occasionally lift 40 lbs;
● Constantly shift between sitting and standing to complete deliveries.
This position could be combined with other part-time positions to increase hours if interested. Please state interest in other roles when applying.
SOLA GRATIA FARM:
Sola Gratia Farm is unique in many ways. We are a community mission-based farm started by St. Matthew Lutheran Church, dedicated to producing locally-grown, high-quality produce following organic practices. The farm is committed to helping those who lack adequate food resources by donating at least ten percent of our product to support regional hunger programs, such as Eastern Illinois Foodbank and Daily Bread Soup Kitchen. We grow a wide range of produce to support our 200 member Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program, two farmers markets and several retail and wholesale clients. We operate a robust volunteer program and have many established and active community partnerships. The Farm promotes healthy lifestyles and community building through volunteering and service, special events and outreach and education programs.
More information at www.solagratiacsa.com
Send cover letter and resume to Traci Barkley, Sola Gratia Farm, 2200 Philo Rd., Urbana, IL 61802 or to email@example.com. Early applications encouraged. Scheduled interviews will begin February 1, 2024.