Central Illinois Farm Beginnings (CIFB) is a year-long program for those with a strong commitment to creating sustainable farm businesses but with limited on-farm production or farm-management experience. Registration is open on a rolling basis beginning in the late spring, and partial scholarships are available.
Farm Beginnings® includes a series of eight seminars on business planning, a series of on-farm field days, and customized mentorships with area farmers. Get all the information here, or give us a call at (217) 840-2128.
Through Central Illinois Farm Beginnings, you will:
- Articulate your values and goals into a vision and mission statement for your farm business
- Formulate short- and long-term farming goals
- Craft a detailed business plan for your farm enterprise
- Learn critical farm management skills such as financing and marketing strategies.
- Tap into the knowledge of innovative and skilled farmers in Central Illinois
- Access opportunities for land and equipment use and/or rental
- Receive mentoring from a farmer engaged in a similar enterprise
- Develop important connections with beginning and experienced farmers
- Make personal contact with a wide range of Illinois professionals that support small-scale local farmers, including USDA specialists, farmers market managers, accountants, and attorneys
Visit the website today: Central Illinois Farm Beginnings