These homemade sweet potato tater tots are the perfect side dish or appetizer for the season! They are baked, crusted with parmesan and incredibly delicious. Best of all? They are easy to make and a total crowd favorite! Make a big batch, they will fly off the plate in minutes!
Sweet Potato Parmesan Tots
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Sharp knife
- 1 Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 Microwave
- 1 Oven
- 1 Medium Sweet potato About 1 cup mashed
- 1 Small to medium Zucchini About 1/2 cup grated and liquid squeezed out
- 1/8 to 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan
- 1 Pinch Salt, pepper, garlic Optional – to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a fork, poke a few holes in sweet potato and microwave for ~5-7 minutes, or until soft. Let cool and peel.
- Grate the zucchini using a hand grater (the finer the better), then use a clean dishtowel to squeeze out as much liquid as possible
- Mash sweet potato with a fork and combine in a bowl with zucchini. Add in shredded parmesan, flour, and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Using a spoon, scoop out combined mix, form into tots and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Continue until all the mix is gone
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400F, then flip and bake for another 18-20 minutes. (For extra crispiness, turn oven to broil and cook for another 1-2 minutes.)
- Sweet potato can be frozen once microwaved. Zucchini can be frozen once grated after excess water is squeezed out. Tots are also easy to freeze at any stage. Double or even quadruple this recipe for extras to easily reheat later!
- These are really good dipped in another Kids Kits favorite: Spinach Ranch Dip! Find the recipe from our December 18, 2021 Kids Kit at: https://www.thelandconnection.org/local-food/recipes/spinach-ranch-dip/