Thank you to everyone that applied for funding. As of 1/2/2024 available funding has been exhausted, closing the application period. We hope to offer the scholarship fund again in the fall of 2024 if funding is available.
THIS PARTICULAR SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING IS DESIGNATED FOR FARMERS FROM THE BIPOC & LGBTQ+ COMMUNITIES FARMING IN ILLINOIS.
We are thrilled to offer a new professional development fund designed to benefit historically disadvantaged farmers in Illinois who are implementing healthy, humane, fair, and sustainable farming methods.
The Land Connection is committed to creating spaces of inclusivity in our local food system. These include historically oppressed and disadvantaged black, indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) farmers and LGBTQ+ farmers. We are providing $10,000 to experienced, beginning, and aspiring farmers from the BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities to attend professional development opportunities. We know the cost of attending professional development is often a barrier to participation. This fund is designed to support the variety of expenses associated with attending, including registration, travel, and lodging. It is also structured to put trust into our farming community to choose the appropriate amount of need based on your specific circumstances.
The application period for a scholarship has closed.
Note the following information:
- Funding is specifically for registration, travel, and lodging expenses associated with a professional development opportunity.
- Farmers must be located in Illinois, but the professional development opportunity can be outside of Illinois.
- This opportunity is specifically for historically disadvantaged farmers (BIPOC, LGBTQ+).
- Proof of conference registration is required.
- Scholarship funds are available on a first come, first served basis until the $10,000 is spent.
- All applicants will be notified about your potential awards ASAP.
*Scholarship checks will be mailed upon receipt of proof of conference registration. We do not need proof of travel and lodging costs. If prepaying for a conference is a barrier, please indicate this on the application below and someone from The Land Connection will contact you to assist in this process.