For week one of our Kid’s Kits program at the Champaign Farmers Market, we’re bringing you some delicious Baked Zucchini Fries. Below you’ll find the recipe and video tutorial for preparing the dish.
Baked Zucchini Fries
For week one of our 2022 Champaign Farmers Market Kid’s Kits program, we’re bringing you some delicious Baked Zucchini Fries. Below you’ll find the recipe and video tutorial for preparing the dish.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 medium sized bowls
- 2 cookie sheets
- 1 parchment paper or non-stick spray
- 1 Knife
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup packed grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp tsp dried basil
- 2 zucchini
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place parchment paper on two cookie sheets, or, spray the sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- In one of the medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, salt, black pepper, paprika, oregano, thyme, basil, and grated parmesan cheese. Stir together until blended.
- In the other medium bowl, whisk together the two eggs.
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini. Then cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Cut each zucchini half into three lengthwise pieces, then cut again lengthwise, so you're left with sticks about 1/4 to 1/2 inches wide.
- When all zucchinis are cut, dip each slide into the whisked egg mixture and then dredge in breadcrumb mixture. After zucchini is coated in breadcrumbs, place on a cookie sheet, leaving 1/2 inch space between each zucchini to ensure they get evenly crisp.
- Place breaded zucchini fries in the preheated oven and bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown, crispy, and the inner zucchini is softened. Note: You can flip halfway through.
- Serve with ranch dip, ketchup, or your favorite dipping sauce!