This month’s Kids Kit will include the ingredients you need to make Candied Apple Nachos. Grab your FREE Kids Kit (while supplies last) on Tuesday, October 25th at the Champaign Farmers Market. We will provide all of the ingredients that you need to make your own, homemade fruit snacks using fresh and local ingredients. Thank you to our Kids Kit partner this month: Lodgic!
Candy Apple Nachos
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Knife or Apple Cutter
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Plate
- 2 medium Fresh Apples
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1-2 cup Water
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Chips
- Nuts (optional) (like pecans or peanuts)
- Cookie Pieces
- Add lemon juice to water and gently stir.
- Slice apples and dip into lemon water mixture. Optional: Pat dry with a clean towel or napkin.
- Lay apples out on plate in a fun pattern.
- Drizzle sticky toppings on first (like caramel sauce) then have fun adding other toppings until your candy apple nachos are exactly the way you want them!