This month’s recipe is fun to make and even better to eat. These cucumber sandwiches are perfect for a Tea Party with a fresh cup of lemonade or your favorite tea.
- 1 Sharp knife
- 1 Kid safe scissors
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Butter knife
- 1 Spoon
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 4 slices soft white sandwich bread
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 ounces soft cream cheese
- 2 ounces mayonnaise
- 1 fresh dill
- 1 fresh chives
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut the cucumber into 1/8-inch thin slices using a sharp knife.
- Using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, mince dill and chives to make 1 teaspoon of each *Optional* clean a pair of kid safe scissors to use as Kid friendly kitchen scissors.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the softened cream cheese, mayo, dill, chives, black pepper and salt to make a herbed spread.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with the herb spread.
- Layer cucumber slices over half of the bread slices. Season with a drizzle of lemon juice.
- Top with remaining bread slices, cream cheese side down. (At this point, you'll have 2 full sandwiches.)
- Using a sharp knife, cut each sandwich into quarters so you have 8 tea sandwiches.
- Serve right away and enjoy! *Optional* These sandwiches are perfect for a Tea Party with a fresh cup of lemonade or your favorite tea.