Eastlawn Elementary School students joined us this month to prepare our November Kids Kit recipe: Pumpkin Pie in a Bag! Along with our videographer, Phil Gioja of Center Street Productions, we pulled off one of our favorite Kids Kits filming with these awesome students.
Pumpkin Pie in a Bag
- 1 Gallon Ziploc® freezer bag
- 1 Cup or bowl
- 1 Scissors
- 1 Spoon for mixing
- 1 1/3 cup cups cold milk
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix [1 packet is a 4 serving size]
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 can solid-pack pumpkin [1/2 can is 7.5 ounces] Can substitute for 1 packed cup of homemade pumpkin puree**
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Whipped cream
- Add graham cracker crumbs to cup or bowl.
- Open a Ziploc bag and pour in milk and pudding. Zip shut.
- Squeeze the bag until it is all mixed up.
- Open the bag and add pumpkin and spices. Zip shut.
- Squeeze the bag until it is all mixed up. Cut the corner of the bag and squeeze into cups and top with whipped cream
- Cut 1 Small Pie Pumpkin in half and remove seeds and stringy insides
- Place cut side down in a baking pan. Bake at 400F until the skin can easily be pierced and is pulling away from the inside flesh. About 45 to 60 minutes.
- Cool until you can safely remove the soft inside flesh.
- Mash or puree flesh until smooth. Can be frozen for up to 1 year in an air-tight freezer bag.