Small Grains and Legumes Production
Low commodity prices are driving many farmers to look for out-of-the-box solutions. Crops like oats, wheat, rye, peas, and dry beans can be an excellent addition to an existing production system. Learn strategies for producing food-grade small grains and legumes, including variety selection from heritage types to modern cultivars, and how this can help you access higher profits.
This workshop covered:
- production strategies for small grains and legumes
- equipment needs for small grains/legume production
- agronomic requirements of buyers
Small Grains and Legumes Storage & Handling
Accessing higher profits from diversified crop rotations can require a new outlook on crop storage and handling.
Visit local farmer Pete Wettstein’s organic elevator and learn what buyers require to store and handle food-grade small grains and legumes.
At this workshop, attendees:
- learned about buyer requirements for storage and handling of small grains and legumes
- toured storage and handling facility