Over five Sunday afternoons, from June to October, we are visiting women-led farms, exploring what they do best, and providing an opportunity for women farmers to meet and build a supportive community.
We aim to:
- Showcase the skills of women farmers in Illinois
- Celebrate the achievements of women farmers
- Empower women to become and continue to be farmers
- Learn from and share with each other
At each event, we will explore the skill or niche that the host farmer does best, and then dive into topics relevant to all women farmers, no matter her production type. The participating farms are:
- Heritage Farm of Antiquity Oaks Farm in Cornell, IL, farmed by Deborah Niemann-Boehle
- Wool Fiber and Silvopasturing on Seven Siters Farm in Sidney, IL, farmed by Cathe Capel
- Champaign Cut Flower Tour at Old Town Flowers and Delight Flower Farm in Champaign, IL, farmed by Joan Jach and Maggie Taylor/Liz Faermark/Holly Curia, respectively.
- Fruits and Herbs at Sunny Lane Farm in Eureka, IL, farmed by Teresa Brockman
- Season Extension on Blue Moon Farm in Urbana, IL, farmed by Shea Belahi and Lorien Carsey