Brussels Sprout Leaves Sauteed in Butter
- 3/4 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or thyme optional
- salt and pepper
- Cut about 1/4 inch off the stem end of each sprout, then begin peeling leaves. When you get to the point where it’s difficult to peel farther, trim off another 1/4 inch and continue removing leaves. Repeat until you have a bowl full of fluffy leaves.
- Place a frying pan over medium-high heat; when hot, add butter, shallots, sprout leaves, and an herb of your choice. Stir until sprout leaves are bright green and slightly wilted, about 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss and serve.