If you are known among your friends and family as an amazing cook, then we have an experience you don’t want to miss!
The Land Connection is hosting a home cook cooking challenge during the Urbana Sweetcorn Festival. The challenge will be similar to Food Network’s Chopped. Participants will receive a “basket” of local ingredients and they will have 25 minutes to prepare a dish using all of the ingredients.
Where: Urbana Sweetcorn Festival (on stage)
Date: Saturday, August 24th
Time: 11:30am – 12:30pm (competitors need to arrive at least 15 minutes ahead of start time)
Each participant will…
– be given an identical “basket” of local produce.
– prepare a dish that utilizes all of the ingredients in the basket.
– prepare a cold dish. No reheating or cooking allowed.
– bring their own equipment. Examples include knives, cutting boards, utensils, etc.
– bring any additional ingredients including oils, vinegar, spices, and pre-cooked starches or proteins.
The Land Connection will provide tables for participants and dinnerware/utensils for serving the dishes.
At the end of the competition, a panel of 3 judges will choose the best dish. The winning participant will receive a basket of kitchen goodies and 2 tickets to the Artisan Cup & Fork!